What is Health and wellbeing?
Health and well-being can be described as the achievement and maintenance of physical fitness and mental stability.
Health and well-being as being the result of a combination of physical, social, intellectual and emotional factors.
Why is Health and Wellbeing Important for your Employees and Your Business?
- Increase employee engagement (commitment, loyalty, retention)
- Reduce employee turnover
- Reduce absenteeism (saving direct costs for temps and training; and indirect costs for management time, reallocation of work, potential loss of clients and business)
- Reduce presenteeism
- Improve productivity by enhancing employee concentration and judgment
- Improve employee morale
- Attract the best new talent
- Reduce ancillary expenses (i.e. potential legal costs, claims, private healthcare costs, company insurance etc)
An Employee’s Health and Wellbeing is Affected by Several Different Factors
- a balanced diet (e.g. improved immunity, feeling healthy controlling weight)
- adequate rest and sleep (e.g. improved concentration, refreshes body, restores energy)
- regular exercise (e.g. improved fitness, weight control, circulation, mobility)
- supportive relationships (e.g. friends, family, professionals, improved self-esteem, self-worth)
- adequate financial resources (e.g. income)
- stimulating work, education and leisure activity (e.g. improve mental ability, valued).
Shea Occupational Health Ltd can help you by:
- Undertaking Wellness individual assessments on employees- Rachel Whewell our resident in these assessments gets very positive feedback from clients after working with them to identify areas to improve their health and wellbeing
- Running stress awareness and /or Mindfulness courses
- Offering sessions on Breast and Testicular examinations
- Running toolbox sessions on healthy eating, exercising for health, rest and sleep
- Providing guidance and advice on Travel Medicine for holidays